I suffer more by habit, by inheritance, by not differentiating myself from my fellow men than by concrete causesRosario Castellanos, Autorretrato.
We know that, in recent years, as a society, we have not been more inclined to learn about the ailments that afflict us throughout our lives. Access to digital information, and the publication of specialized books on mental and physical health, with translations into several languages, allow us to go deeper into the diagnoses we receive in the doctor’s office and have a comprehensive view of the disease. We will comment on three methods with a holistic perspective of healing that have been widely disseminated and supported.
It is a method that consists of inquiring about family relationships, and their histories, and observing the behaviors or emotional patterns that are repeated for generations and that cause suffering, with the premise that the origin of a physical, mental, or emotional condition of a person, could originate in past generations. Most families have secrets or hidden issues that directly affect the behaviors of subsequent members.
During the therapeutic sessions, the family system of a person is represented. It is based on the theory of morphogenetic fields, proposed by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake (1990), which consists of the transmission of information between organisms of the same species, even if they have never met in time or space. In Family Constellations, the representatives express their physical sensations and feelings in relation to the member of the system they represent. The therapist performs different movements to reestablish order in the system or group while suggesting healing phrases that help the person realize their problems and generate relief.
Among the achievements of those who perform this therapy would be to solve and detect the origin of family conflicts. Accompanying the person involved to reestablish balance, freeing him/herself from repetitions, and understanding and accepting illnesses in their systemic origins as a first step towards possible healing. Confronting the fear of death, separation, or losses and achieving full acceptance of the environment.
It comes from the Greek logos, which is ‘sense’ or ‘meaning’. It is a type of psychotherapy that talks about values and the meaning of life. It is generally included in humanistic psychology. In the sessions, an introspective method is used in which the patient is able to elaborate on goals and objectives. Its purpose is to make every person capable of making his or her own decisions without depending on the tendencies of the community or external factors, this is called the will to meaning. The person is always conceived in relation to his social, intimate, and even spiritual world.
Among its achievements, the person will be able to detach from material interests and problems and see qualities in himself that he never thought he would find. He will focus on really important aspects of life, so he will find the meaning of his life, and he will feel free and happy again. Motivation arises through therapy as an expression of her attitude towards life and the treatment of any emotional disorder allows the patient the possibility to modify the course of her treatment, to keep her autonomy and her freedom of decision.
It is a therapeutic method by means of which the ailments of the body are observed and their possible connection with an emotional meaning is investigated, in order to look for their origin and influence their course or evolution. This current of psychology defends that not only biological but also emotional factors are involved in all illnesses. In other words, situations that cause stress for the person and that are not properly managed can affect the physical state of the body. However, not everyone experiences the same emotions in the same situations, as well as different symptoms in the same diseases. It is rather a matter of exploring the root of the individual emotional conflict and this is influenced by personal beliefs and social relationships with all their variants.
Diseases are influenced by genetic factors and life habits, diet, among others. Each person has his or her particular way of interpreting the events that happen to him or her according to his or her mental filters, generated from previous experiences, culture, education, beliefs, and family history.
Derived from the above arises the method of Bio-neuroemotion that tries to investigate in depth the emotional difficulties of each person, its own system of associations, and its own logic, and does not always coincide with an interpretation in the biological sense. It combines knowledge of spirituality and science focused on the study of the unconscious to accompany people through difficult situations.
Among its achievements is to improve interpersonal relationships, to become aware of what happens to us, of what prevents our full health, and our happiness, to be able to see what was hidden from our mind, and to free ourselves from suffering. The meaning of our existence is what we give it.
We invite you to do more research on these therapies should you decide to pursue them, and as a complement, we offer you these #information tools:
- If you do develop an illness, make sure you find specialized medical treatment before seeking an alternative therapeutic method. Do as much research and questioning as possible before making any decision.
- Bert Hellinger was the creator of the Family Constellations method. In his youth he was forced to join the Nazi army in his native Germany, but deserted; later he became a Catholic priest, a profession he also abandoned. He studied psychoanalysis in a self-taught way and that led him to study the causes of human suffering, and internal conflicts and create solutions. To learn more about this peculiar therapy visit Constelamerica.
- The series Another Self or Mi otra yo (2022) is a story where three friends affected by various conflicts and health problems find solutions through alternative therapy.
- Viktor Frankl was an Austrian psychiatrist of Jewish origin and creator of Logotherapy. Faced with the possibility of leaving his native Austria because of the anti-Semitic persecution of the National Socialist army, he decided to stay close to his family, and together with them, he was imprisoned in three concentration camps at the end of the war he was the only survivor of all his loved ones. This experience determined his future work. Inside the camps, he served as a doctor and therapist to the other captives. He said that people can have everything taken away from them except the choice of personal attitude to decide their own destiny. To learn more about the legacy of this eminent person and his legacy visit his website.
- To learn more about Biodescodification, its studies, and its benefits visit their website.
At Del Pueblo Funeral Home we believe that happiness is our own decision and should accompany us throughout our lives, even in the most difficult moments, in a serene and balanced way, by changing our perception in the midst of difficulties. It is important to prepare ourselves to become aware of all our emotional reactions in order to improve our social relationships and enhance our personal well-being. That is why we remind you that we make the most difficult moments easy.